Can you move the time on the iPhone lock screen? Believe it or not, the answer is yes! You can actually customize how your time is displayed on your lock screen. This can be a great way to ensure that you always see the information you need most. This blog post will show you how to move time on the iPhone lock screen and how to customize your lock screen settings.
Can you move the time on the iPhone Lock Screen?
No, there are many things that you can do on your iPhone, but you can’t directly move time on the iPhone lock screen. However, there is a trick you can use to move the clock or time around the lock screen. The approach involves Jailbreaking your phone, which means installing software that helps remove Apple iOS software restrictions.
To Jailbreak your phone, download compatible software such as Hexxa Plus or Checkra1n into your iPhone. Remember, Jailbreaking is the only way to move time on the iPhone lock screen, and it comes with risks. The process could make your phone vulnerable to damage and data loss as it involves bypassing Apple’s restrictions to download a third-party app. Jailbreaking voids the phone’s warranty. Therefore, you need to take some measures to manage the risks that result from jailbreaking.
- Back up your data on a computer or iCloud before jailbreaking to prevent unwanted data loss or damage
- Jailbreaking allows you to gain access to alternative app stores such as Cydia. This exposes your phone to apps that may contain harmful malware. To protect the phone, check reviews online on any app you intend to download from the alternative app store. Besides, you should also consider installing a reliable virus scan app such as the AVG security app.
- Once you jailbreak, you can now download apps such as LockNice, as they allow you to move the clock on an iPhone lock screen easily. LockNice is compatible with various jailbroken iOS 14, 13, 12, 11, and 10 devices. You can download LockNice from Cydia (an alternative app store) through the BigBoss Repository.
Yes! If you want to see multiple time zones at once or just have a backup clock in case your main one fails, you can add multiple clocks to your lock screen.
- To do this, go to the Clock app and tap on the “World Clock” tab.
- Tap the “+” button in the top-right corner of the screen, and then select the city or time zone you want to add.
- Once you’ve added all the clocks you want, go back to your home screen and swipe down from the top to reveal the notification center.
- Scroll down to the “Clock” section and tap on “Edit.”
- From here, you can reorder your clocks or delete them by tapping on the “-” button.
What Changes can I make to the time on my iPhone if it isn’t jailbroken?
Although you can’t move time if your phone isn’t jailbroken, there are some changes that you can still make on your iPhone. These include:
1. Switch from a 24-hour clock to a 12-hour clock
The first change you can make on your iPhone, if it isn’t jailbroken, is switching from the 12-hour (standard time system) to a 24-hour clock. To do this, do the following:
- Check Settings app
- Next, click General.
- Now click Date & Time.
- Select the option to enable either 12-hour or 24-hour time. This will enable you to switch the time at the top of your screen to your desired time format.
2. Font size
You can also change the date’s font size while your phone is not jailbroken. This feature comes in handy if time has blocked the wallpaper image on your screen. Here is a procedure to follow if you need to change font size:
- Check Settings
- Next, click Display & Brightness
- Now click Text Size
- Next, check the slider and drag it left to minimize the font size and to the right to increase the font size.
3. Time zone
Switching between different time zones is another change you can make on your iPhone if it isn’t jailbroken. To do this, follow this procedure:
- Visit Settings
- Next Click General
- Now scroll down to choose Date & Time
- Next, click the button to the right to switch off the Set Automatically option
- Once you turn off the automatic option, there will be a prompt to choose your preferred Time Zone below it.
Can you set multiple clocks on your iPhone lock screen at once?
No, this is currently not possible with Apple devices, and it can also not work even after jailbreaking your phone. However, you can change time and access different time zones through the world clock. You can also add more cities to the list by doing the following:
- Press the World Clock at the bottom of the screen to add more cities.
- Next, press the “+” icon to add your preferred city.
How do I display the time and date on my iPhone’s home screen?
Fortunately, you can easily display the time and date on your iPhone home screen. This will require you to add calendar and clock widgets to the home screen. Widgets make it easier for iPhone users to access information quickly as they are larger than app icons. Here is a procedure to follow if you need to put a clock widget on your phone’s home screen:
- First, press down on the home screen.
- Once the apps begin to jiggle, press the “+” icon at the top right side of the screen to find a menu prompt with multiple options.
- Scroll down until you find and select a clock widget option
NB: Follow the same procedure to add the calendar widget for quick access to the time and date.