Can you hide posts from someone on Instagram? If they are following you, you are unable to do that. However, there are a couple of ways that make it possible for you to hide or restrict people’s access to your Instagram posts. Here are a few simple yet useful things you can do to hide posts from someone on Instagram:
1. Switch to Privacy Mode
The first and foremost method to immediately limit people from viewing your posts is to make your Instagram account private. It is quite similar to how you hide your followers on Instagram. You can prevent users who do not follow your account from seeing your posts by switching your Instagram account to a private one. To do that, follow the instruction below:
- Step 1: Open your Instagram application
- Step 2: Go to your Profile> On the top right corner, tap on the three horizontal lines icon.
- Step 3: On the top right corner, tap on the three horizontal lines icon.
- Step 4: Click on Setting > Privacy > Click on the toggle button ‘Private Account’ > Done.
Now, only your followers are enabled to watch your Instagram posts, stories, and videos.
2. Block Users
In case you still want to keep your Instagram account public while wanting to limit access to your posts for certain users, then you can consider blocking them permanently. This will not only prevent those users from seeing your Instagram posts but also keep them away from your stories, highlights, videos, and even your personal Profile. Do it easily with these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the user’s Profile that you would like to block > On the left corner, click on the icon of 3 dots.
- Step 2: Click on Block > Confirm ‘Yes I am sure’ > Done.
3. Archive Your Instagram Post
This is a good way for you; if you neither want to block certain users nor switch to a private account, then you can put your Instagram posts into the archive. By being stored privately, your Instagram posts are no longer shown on your Profile as well as not visible to anyone except you. How can you do so? It’s super simple with these steps:
- Step 1: Go to your Profile> Click on the post your want to hide.
- Step 2: Tap on the icon of 3 dots on the top-right corner of your post.
- Step 3: Choose Archive > Done.
4. Restrict Users
This is the way to hide or at least limit access to your Instagram posts without removing certain followers. After doing this, the restricted user will not be able to view your future post. Here is how you make a user restricted on Instagram:
- Step 1: Go to the Profile of the user you want to restrict.
- Step 2: Click on the icon of 3 dots.
- Step 3: Select ‘Restrict’ > Done.
How Can You Hide Your Instagram Stories from Someone?
Similar to how you hide Instagram posts, you probably do the same thing to your Instagram stories. There are two ways for you to do that.
Hide stories from specific users:
- Step 1: Go to your Profile.
- Step 2: Tap on three horizontal lines icon > Settings
- Step 3: Privacy > Story
- Step 4: Hide Story From.
- Step 5: Choose the certain users you would like to hide stories from > Done.
Post your stories in Close Friend mode:
- Step 1: Navigate to your Profile.
- Step 2: Tap on three horizontal lines icon > Choose Close Friends > Scroll and find the users you want to add to the close-friend list.
- Step 3: Create stories > Tap on the Star icon to publish > Done.
Then, only the users included in the Close Friends list are able to see your stories.
How Can You View Your Archived Posts or Unarchive Them?
To view your archived posts, do as below:
- Step 1: Go to your Profile> Click on the three horizontal lines icon.
- Step 2: Choose Archive > Proceed to Post Archive > Done.
There, you can see all the posts you have stored. If you want to unarchive a stored post, click on it and choose the icon of 3 dots > Select Show on Profile > Done.